Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Clean House?

There is nothing like having a lively, talkative two-year-old to keep you on track. I told Irene that I would sit down at the computer for 15 minutes, and when the timer went off, we would clean the house. She was happy with that and went off to play. As soon as the timer went off, though, she was on me. "Time clean the house now, Mommy!" I tried to brush her off because I was in the middle of something (haven't yet learned how to drop what I'm doing and pick it up later), but she was insistent. I reluctantly got up to clean the house, but have you ever tried cleaning with a two-year-old who is really excited about it? Some of that excitement rubs off! We had such a great time together.

Don't get any marathon cleaning ideas in your mind here. This was just an hour of mirrors, dusting, and vacuuming. Not even an hour, actually. More like 45 minutes, and that was only because we did a more detailed vacuum of one room. We do this every week, so it never gets very dirty. I've been including her in it since she could walk and hold a little duster. Honestly, she really doesn't do much, but she feels like she is helping, and loves it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's weird... my baby brother loves to clean things up. For a while he'd push the swiffer around just for kicks. Strange, but there are worse eccentricities to have.

10/18/2006 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home