Monday, September 29, 2008

Alphabet?

*gasp* Three days??? So yeah. I'm posting again. I just recently realized that Helen is getting into puzzles. We have one of those puzzles with the individual pieces that fit into holes. She can do that puzzle very well, and I wasn't even aware of her doing it. She's actually playing with it at this moment. Anyway, I realized this last week, and on Saturday, at a friend's house, she found an alphabet puzzle. All the pieces were out and she was working on putting it back together. I watched her pick up a B, look at it, scan the puzzle board, and plop the B into the B spot. She had to fiddle with it a bit to get it to fit, though. Same process, different letter, again and again. She did mix up the C and the G, and the V and the Y, but they DO look fairly similar. Remember that Helen is 21 months old. No, she doesn't know her letters yet, she was doing it solely on shape. A four-year-old friend of Irene's wanted to help Helen because she didn't think Helen could do it. I told her to watch for a minute, as Helen picked up a Q, looked at it, scanned the board, and plopped in the Q spot. Irene's friend looked at me and said "She found it! But *I* knew where it was supposed to go already!" She was convinced, however, that Helen didn't need her help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home