Monday, October 20, 2008

Bad Day or Good Day?

Apparently I can't count. Nor can I do simple arithmetic. Anyway, I'm wondering why some days are just BAD. Today started out GREAT. I felt good, I made waffles for breakfast, I cleaned up the kitchen, I went online. Maybe that was my mistake? But that wasn't quite the end of greatness. I found out some exciting news from a good friend, and we chatted for a little while. Then, from the living room, CRASH. UH-OH. I called out for the kidlets to stop in their tracks because I had no idea how close they were to the mess (and knowing that they had caused the crash). They had knocked over a torchiere lamp that was no longer working. But it had a bulb in it, and the bulb was very broken all over my slate entryway. I swept up the broken glass, then went over the area with damp paper towels. I went over it four times before I no longer saw shards on the towel.

Meanwhile, the kidlets were put in their bedroom because how much can they do in their bedroom? Well, they had a pen and a checkbook. Helen drew all over her body with the pen, and Irene had drawn all over the checkbook. Thankfully, she had missed the unused checks. By this time, I was ready to give up as a mother. I was obviously a failure.

Things did get better, though. I made the lasagne I've been meaning to make for two weeks now, and it is happily sitting in the fridge waiting for dinner tonight. I gave the kidlets a snack and they are currently coloring at the table with [washable] crayons. So I guess it wasn't a bad DAY, just a bad HOUR. That is nothing new. I have those all the time. When I was in the midst of it, though, it sure felt like the whole day was bad. I'm back to feeling great, actually! Irene and Helen are happy, and I love them. I am not a failure after all. I love being their mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home