Friday, November 28, 2008

Good and Bad

Oh, my, so much has happened since my last entry, good and bad. I'll start with the bad. On Nov. 3, Irene cut Helen's hair. It had never been cut, and I could put the hair on top of her head into a cute little ponytail. No longer. It can still be pulled back into a barrette, but if left down, it looks awful. She also cut her own hair for the second time. The SAME day, Irene got hold of a Sharpie, and drew on everything she could find, including the kitchen floor, the bathroom counter and cabinet, and various walls. Thankfully, rubbing alcohol takes that off of most surfaces. Wait, was that all the bad? There HAS to be more, but I think all the rest was not newsworthy.

Ah, the good! Just one week ago, our family room remodel was finished! We did all the painting ourselves, starting on election day (yes, the day after the haircuts and Sharpie). We got a couple of girls from church to come and watch them, and when they got here, they understood why we needed them. Basically, the last four weeks have been very busy with finishing up the painting, choosing carpet, cleaning the house, moving back into the room, setting the other rooms to rights...

Then yesterday we hosted our first Thanksgiving dinner! It turned out quite well, all in all. We had six adults and 11 children here, and there was enough food for twice that many. Except for the dressing. I actually made more dressing today because everyone liked it so much, and what I made today was nearly cleaned out as well. Not all of my in-laws were able to come, but we still had a very good time together. Some of them are still here, others are just coming for the rest of the weekend. We still have a full house, and we are all getting along except for little kid squabbles here and there. Have I mentioned that I have the greatest in-laws ever? Perhaps my husband's are equally as good, but I'm too biased to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home