Monday, March 30, 2009

Baby on the Move!

I've been feeling the baby move now for at least a month, and Mark felt him/her for the first time a couple of weeks ago. My favorite part of pregnancy is the second/early third trimester, when I feel great and can feel the baby move around. It was especially exciting just this afternoon, when I felt several strong kicks in one spot. I called Irene over, and pressed her hand into my side, where the kicking had been, and sure enough, within 20 seconds, she'd felt the baby for the first time! I loved watching how her face lit up and she wanted to feel over and over! Helen wanted to try, too, but wouldn't keep her hand there long enough to feel anything. I was 20 weeks yesterday, and the craziest thing is that I didn't even feel my first baby (Irene) until at least 20 weeks!

We had our ultrasound a week and a half ago, and everything looked good. It's always fun to be able to see a baby moving around in there! I think it was the best ultrasound experience I've had yet, since the tech runs exactly on schedule because of the full bladder thing. With Irene, I had to wait for at least half an hour past my appointment time, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it. Helen's was better, but I still had to wait five or so minutes past my appointment time. Side note: we like to leave some mystery until the birthdays of our babies, so we don't find out the sex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home